Frontend Developer / React
People at Recare build software to facilitate hospitals transfers: about 30% of patients need a solution to be organised after a hospital stay. That could mean receiving care at home, moving to a care home or recovering at a rehabilitation clinic for instance.
Finding a spot is a complex task because the market is under a lot of pressure - most providers are at 95%+ capacity. Our technology uses a mix of matching theory and matching learning to let patients find a tailored solution to their needs.
Since we launched the product in January 2017 it's been going super well! We are currently connecting 50+ hospitals to 5000 care providers across Germany - we help hundreds of patients every week. We believe that with the right people, one can do much more with less - we're a small team but we deliver a lot. That's why we are looking for someone entrepreneurial that would share those values with us, someone that aims at being autonomous and bring a lot to our team.
What you'll work on
You'll work on enhancing our patient transfer product to help more and more patients find the best place after their hospital stay. We have an ambitious roadmap and the product is going to change seriously over the coming months - we need to support more type of discharges, we want to deepen integration with hospitals and providers to create a "booking.com" for hospital discharges. We also plan to kick start some new products in 2019 - we can talk about on the phone if you're interested!
We also have more technical features in the pipeline - we're working with end-to-end encryption to let health care actors communicate securely about patients need over a secured chat.
React we have used of functional components combined with recompose for HOC for a while but we're very eager to use hooks - they solve most of our problems, specially with typing. Regarding typing, our codebase is using flow but we're actively looking at typescript
- Graphql is used to handle the data fetching
- material-ui and styled-components. Our designers use Figma
CI/devops CircleCI runs utest (jest), visual regression tests (chromatic) and e2e tests (testcafe). It's also used to deploy to our various environments.
We dedicate 20+% of our time to work on non "business" tasks, it means for instance:
- replace part of our code by a third-party library (we have migrated our custom graphQL wrapper to Apollo last quarter for instance, and we are currently investigating form libraries and typescript).
- to optimize the frontend code (our customers are using old computers unfortunately)
Our philosophy is that developers are owners of the code they write until it gets to production. We rely a lot on automated tests to ensure everything stays stable - the rule is that code should be deployed at any time without manual approval or manual QA.
- We are 22 employees from all over Europe (German, Switzerland, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, France and Spain). We expect to grow to 30/35 people by end of the year.
- The tech team is currently composed of 7 devs - 3 frontend, 2 backend, one Machine Learning engineer and me. As I have to sell the position, the last three hires said the job turned out to be way better than they expected :)
- Our financing is secured and a very good news should arrive in the coming weeks. And on top of that we just received 650K from the city on Berlin to work on the technical parts of our matching algorithm.
- We've a large open space in Moabit (http://www.abitmo.berlin/103/) that we share with two other companies. It's very well connected - S3/S5/S7/S9, 15 min from Tegel, 10 min to Hauptbahnof.
- Every employee gets an UrbanSport (https://urbansportsclub.com/) subscription for free
- We cover BVG AB monthly ticket
If you feel like it could be a great environment for you, I am looking forward having a chat with you!
Charles - CTO of Recare
- We are looking for experienced developers. You preferably have a CS degree, and you have been coding 30+ hours / week for more than 2 years in any case.
- Our stack is React + GraphQL on the frontend and a rest API in Go for the backend. We're looking for someone with production experience with React (even if it's 6 months)
- A nice github with some code to showcase is of course a big plus
- Since we're a small team, we had to automate a lot. It would be great if you already had some experience with CI and testing frameworks.
- Frontend evolves a lot, so you need to be up to date with best practices. We're looking for people who will proactively try to improve the life of the team and of our customers - making better tooling for instance. But we're not into trying every alpha-package on github
- You want to become a technical owner of a part of our code base - our team is going to grow substantially in the coming months and we need people who are looking for responsibilities.
Unfortunately, we will focus on candidates that are already based in Berlin or at least in Europe as we don't have the capacity to offer relocation / VISA support and we insist on meeting everyone physically before we do an offer!