People at Recare build software to facilitate hospitals transfers: about 30% of patients need a solution to be organised after a hospital stay. That could mean receiving care at home, moving to a care home or recovering at a rehabilitation clinic.
Finding a spot is a complex task because the market is under a lot of pressure - most providers are at 95%+ capacity. Our technology uses a mix of matching theory and machine learning to let patients find a solution tailored to their specific needs.
Since we launched the product in January 2017 a lot has happened! We are currently connecting 100+ hospitals to 10000 health care providers across Germany - we help thousands of patients every month. We believe that with the right people, one can do much more with less - we're a small team but we deliver a lot. That's why we are looking for someone entrepreneurial that would share those values with us, someone that aims at being autonomous and bring a lot to our team.
And our frontend apps are built in React.
What you'll work on
As part of the backend team, you'll get to experience a variety of topics
- Optimization: using the tools at your disposal, identify slow paths and optimize the code to make it run faster. We're growing quite fast and our number of requests increases by 20% month on month. What used to work a year ago might need a small enhancement.
- Alert management: we want to be able to sleep at night and on weekends. For that reason, we believe in automation. :) The idea is to build and use tools that do the work for us, and notify us when something goes south - it doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's better to be prepared.
- New features: write server code to support new features. We have plenty of projects in the pipe, such as a very lightweight amazon-like platform for medical supplies. You could also work with our machine learning engineer to enhance our matching algorithm.
- DevOps / Security: We have a very automated process to deploy code and maintain our applications but there's always work to do. We're dealing with patient data so we need to make sure our servers are secure.
- New projects: We're planning to expose a GraphQL endpoint to ease the work of our frontend team.
Our philosophy is that developers are owners of the code they write until it gets to production. We rely a lot on automated tests to ensure everything stays stable - the rule is that code should be deployed at any time without manual approval or manual QA.
If you feel like it could be a great environment for you, I am looking forward having a chat with you!
Charles - CTO of Recare
Unfortunately, we will focus on candidates that are already based in Berlin or at least in Europe as we don't have the capacity to offer relocation / VISA support and we insist on meeting everyone physically before we make an offer!